Playground safety should take precedence for anyone building an indoor playground. While trying to create a fun and creativity-inspiring space for children to play, you need to ensure that your design helps you minimise the risk of accidents and injuries.
Playground Equipment Safety Measures
Equipment in a playground has to be safe for children to play with. To prevent any accidents caused by indoor playground equipment, you need to ensure that the following tips are followed:
- Ensure no sharp edges and points.
- Make sure that there are no stumbling hazards, like rocks and littered toys on the ground.
- Guarantee that any raised surfaces have guardrails to prevent falls.
- Be sure children are always supervised so as not to injure themselves.
- Regularly check the equipment to ensure they are in good condition.
- Protective surfaces should extend 6feet and more from the playground equipment. The surface should also be made of safety-tested rubber or rubber-like materials.
By following the above tips you ensure that your playground is conducive and safe for children.
Playground Safety Rules
To warrant a safe indoor playground you need to make rules to be followed by everybody in the playground. In the playground, we may have employees, parents, and children present at all times. The people present in the playground should be made aware of certain rules on the indoor playground safety design. The safety design may differ depending on the age of children it caters to. The rules may include, ensuring the employees are child friendly, ensuring that children use both hands while climbing and sitting down on the swings, no pushing and shoving, and avoiding walking in front of swings. Parents should ensure that they educate their children on safe ways to play before taking them to the playgrounds. Everyone around the playground should ensure that they litter the grounds or pour any liquids within the playground.
Importance of indoor playground safety designs
Before you go about creating an indoor playground safety design you have to understand its importance. To be able to successfully run any kind of project, be it a playground or a school you have to understand why it is important to do the project. Playground safety designs have the following benefits:
- Protects your investment in equipment – By regularly maintaining and repairing your equipment, you increase its lifespan. This will provide you with a good return for money and time spent buying the equipment.
- Increases your business customers – By providing safety to children in your playground you bring more customers. Parents will only take their children to indoor play spaces where their security is guaranteed.
- Makes it more captivating, and fun – Children can have fun and socialise without any risks and consistent accidents.
An indoor playground safety design can include how the playground is structured or even how it’s run. For your playground to be a successful one you need to ensure it’s safe and secure for everybody visiting.